Wednesday, April 3, 2013

East(er/Pass)over

See what I mean?  We are equal opportunity celebrants.


Let's get right to the goods, shall we?  For starters:


Yep; that's a Vegan Treats' bunny cake


I couldn't just leave them all there; it would have been mean.


Know what's inside?  French silk!  I still don't know what it is besides delicious.


I didn't get a chick cake, but maybe I should have.  Look at the hairdos!


While not Easter-themed, I couldn't resist a chocolate-encased cannoli.


Or donuts: powdered raspberry jelly, double chocolate glazed, chocolate-encased angel's food cake, traditional sprinkled.


Check out VM representin'!  They're not really all of her donuts; I just like to pile everything on her plate so it looks like it.


You all know I'm really the culprit (although I always chew with my mouth closed).


Aaaaaaand....more donuts for home: powdered raspberry jelly, Boston creme, double chocolate glazed.


Also a blueberry crumb bar.


And a pecan roll.


Tee hee.


Just making sure you're paying attention.

non-edible

Ok; back to the Easter-theme.  I get sidetracked easily.  Look, chocolate-covered, sprinkled pretzels!


Yeah; we ate them in the car.  I threw the un-dipped pretzel end out the window.  (No I didn't, but I wanted to: more chocolate always!)


Theeeen, a surprise Easter bonanza- also from Vegan Treats.


There's no such thing as chocolate overload, but if you're looking for Easter overload, here it is:


You've never had a carrot quite like this: filled with non-pareils!  A childhood (and now adulthood) favorite.


Speculoos cups hiding in a rabbit box!


Please forgive my hands in these photos.  Know that I was barely able to contain myself from eating long enough to photograph the goods at all; so, these will have to do.

Creme eggs- MUCH better than the "original".


Smooth, dark chocolate rabbits.


Peanut butter-filled chocolate egg!


Coconut-filled chocolate egg!

Memo to 89: dogs can't eat chocolate!

And peanut butter-filled chocolate rabbits...because you can never really have enough peanut butter and chocolate.


Note the white chocolate tail.


Fear not: no one forgot 89; there were toys from VM & OD:


And, at home, she received an actual Easter basket!  My original, in fact. 


Even after Easter was over, I she didn't want to take the bunny clothes off. 


I don't judge.

4 comments:

  1. You would need AT LEAST two holidays for all those treats. Or three! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, I admit defeat. Christmas, Hanukkah, Valentine's Day, and Easter all ran into one another; I am full.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i ask again..how are you not obese?? haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ariela, have you seen what's behind me lately!?

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)