Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lula's Sweet Apothecary: Still My Favorite

Forgive me if I've mentioned this before, but when I was a kid working in an ice cream shop, I would periodically make myself mini-sundaes: just enough ice cream to warrant all the toppings I wanted to enjoy.

carob ice cream, caramel sauce, graham cracker crumbs, whipped cream, cherry...bonus cherry

This past weekend I skipped dessert at the restaurant where I had dinner- specifically so that I could indulge at Lula's Sweet Apothecary.  I had my mind set on a sugar cone of whatever peanut butter flavor variation was on offer, but decided- once inside, that I was in the mood for a sundae.  My favorite employee stopped me before ordering, suggesting that I try a flavor I'd never had before: carob.  "I'm not a fan of carob," I insisted, but he assured me it tasted like a fudgesicle.  Although unconvinced, I tried it.  And, I have to admit, it was even better than a fudgesicle; it tasted like a chocolate pudding pop (don't act like you don't remember them).  My friend- who actually likes carob, was enthralled by it as well.  I quickly amended my order and assembled an upscale mini-sundae that was prepared and presented as if fit for a queen.

There are a lot of new products out and about, many making proclamations about being the best.  I'm not sure how you go about proving such statements or what kind of research supports them, but personally: Lula's is still my favorite.  Welcoming atmosphere, creative branding, impeccable options, and employees that treat every customer like a friend; what's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)