Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Vegan MoFo 2012, An Oldie But Goodie from VWAV

Ok, let's get serious.  The inaugural bakery post erred on the splurge side of my MoFo theme, as did my second post recounting an Indian feast.  So today we'll focus on something a little more healthy...and delicious in a totally different way: tofu dill salad sammiches from Vegan with a Vengeance (p. 105).


I'm usually much more of a tempeh salad sandwich gal, but tofu was on sale I thought that for a change of pace I'd go the tofu route.  The recipe came together with impressive ease and in minimal time (that tofu xpress is FAST as well as awesome).  I added a load of celery, onion, and even radishes to the mix because my salad motto is: if you're crunchy, you're in.


This was a great, simple meal that was easy to make as long as I had a decently stocked fridge- just what I was going for!  Be forewarned, though, that a block of tofu nets a huge ton of salad, so plan to invite your friends over for a feast (or else eat it for a week).

8 comments:

  1. I feel the exact same way about tempeh, but my partner hates it! That's why I use Soy Curls as much as I do. Your salad sounds like it hit the spot! I want to get a tofu xpress myself, because I'm sure it would amp up my tofu liking.

    Happy MoFo!
    xo
    kittee

    P.S. If you're willing to disable your spam captcha for the month, you will make it easier for MoFos to leave you comments! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kittee- Happy MoFo to you as well! Hate tempeh? Blasphemy! Soy Curls are scarce here on the east coast; I sense a Food Fight order pending... Can't recommend the tofu xpress highly enough.

    P.S. What IS the deal with the captcha; are people just pressed for the extra time? I get inundated with spam :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. The captcha is nearly impossible to read, that's what. Have you tried turning it off lately? Blogger is doing much better at filtering spam and I'm not having much of a problem anymore. Spam sucks, I agree.

    I like having lunch choices taken care of for a week — even if it's the SAME lunch choice. But I like tempeh better, too. And chickpeas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Andrea; I'll give it a go and send discouraging thoughts to all those wanting to comment, "I just love your blog and think it would be a perfect fit for our prescriptionpills4U blog..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the radishes in this! Crunch usually is a win, especially when using tofu rather than tempeh.
    VWAV was my first vegan cookbook (for a lot of people probably) but I don't know that I ever cooked much out of it! I like Isa's later dishes a little more but it's definitely great for classics like this.
    Trying really hard not to offer you prescription pills right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. foodfeud- HAHAHA! Google did already catch some high-end handbag spam. VWAV was my first too and I use it for lots of staples. Best pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog here! Additionally your website so much up very fast! What web host are you using? Can I am getting your affiliate hyperlink in your host? I want my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol

    I could not resist...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss that recipe! Some day soon. Dill is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)