Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Vegan MoFo 2012, VM Made the Best Eggplant Parmesan EVER!

Kvetch alert: I'm swamped at work, 2 Halloween costumes are in-the-making, and MoFo is taking it's toll.  Good thing VM made the best eggplant parmesan!!


Italian and the best cook I know, I like to keep her stocked with the basics in case she has the urge to provide me with one or more of her specialties.  And it's a good thing I do; she found some gorgeous eggplant at the Red Bank Farmer's Market and was anxious to get to work had no excuse.


It was awesome on its own with pasta.


And also terrific as an eggplant parmesan hero.


I wasn't there to document the meal preparation, but I can tell you that her secret to awesomeness this time around was to cut the eggplant lengthwise instead of in circles (I'd originally ordered rollatini and then changed my mind).


I should mention that I stole all the leftovers.

4 comments:

  1. Abby,

    Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes! Please let VM know I'm requesting this for my next birthday ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shouldn't read blogs when I'm hungry. I'm sure to see something that looks delicious and for which I don't have the ingredients. I wish I had a VM. Oh wait. I AM a VM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That parm looks insane. I have no one who will cook for me.

    :-----(

    ReplyDelete
  4. MVG- Duly noted!

    Andrea- HA! You're so right; the onus falls on you.

    Kittee- If you lived closer, I'd have her make it for you and we'd have an eggplant parm party!

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)