Friday, October 28, 2011

Vegan MoFo Day 28: Food Fight Delivery!

Last week a friend asked why I didn't time the cleanse so that it ended on the weekend, allowing me to really go to town. I had just discussed this with my boss because I actually thought it was better that it was ending midweek- so that I could attempt to maintain some measure of self control.  I also told her to expect to find me at my desk hidden by a mound of candy wrappers, but that's neither here nor there. For the record, she told me that if I put myself into diabetic shock at this busy time of year I'd be fired. Incentive to take it slow! Or so I pretended... Of course my ruse of self-control was to be exposed, since I had my massive Food Fight order shipping to my office. Curses! Foiled again.


As it turned out, I didn't have to worry about overdoing it; right after the cleanse ended I took it slow and did just fine.  Then, a few days later, there I was, sitting at my desk, minding my own beeswax, when it happened. The friendly, neighborhood, UPS man arrived with my bounty.


I really think Food Fight could sense how desperate I was to receive these goodies because they shipped them right away.  And, may I say, did a superb and most impressive job maximizing the capacity of the relatively small box by fitting everything in like a gloriously edible, vegan puzzle.  I considered leaving it sealed until I got home, but haven't I suffered enough?


I'd just eaten lunch (romaine with carrots, celery, and tomato), but I still couldn't resist the Uncle Eddie's peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.  At first I just sat them on my desk.  Then, a nano-second later, I dug in.


If you've never tried Uncle Eddie's before, let me assure you that they are a-ma-zing.  I haven't had them in years, but I always recall them as one of the first and best store-bought vegan cookies I ever tried.  They are as soft, chewy, chocolate chippy, peanut buttery, and fantastically decadent as ever; I can't recommend them highly enough.

So, it's official; I'm not over sweets (I still get credit for the potato chip revelation, though).



Now I know you took one look at that first picture of the order and called me a fatty in your head.  Well, I'll have you know that the entire bounty was not mine; it was a combined effort.  Don't worry; I accept your apology.

As it turns out, my friend, MVG, purchased these items:


A respectable assortment of Secret Aardvark Habanero hot sauce, pomegranate hint mints, Chreese mix, peanut butter cups, and peppermint patties (that I resisted even though I inhaled the intoxicating aroma as soon as I opened the box). 

As for me, I ordered one or two things more: Holy Kakow chocolate sauce, Uncle Eddie's, Horchata (first time trying), Secret Aardvark (What? It's supposed to last me all year), a few hint mints, Nacheez (for blogging comparison purposes only), corn-taters, cocomels, a Rescue Chocolate peanut butter pit bull, and the newest Go Max Go candy bars: Snap and Cleo's.


Hey, don't judge me; I just finished a 21 day cleanse!!!

To make me feel like even more of a fatty, ever-generous MVG immediately offered to share his goodies.  This while I was scarfing my third, okay, fourth cookie in as many minutes.


It was at that point when I packed everything up and re-sealed the box.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I apologize, allow me to correct my judgement... You and MVG are both fatties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MVG does this officially mean summer is over?

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)